The gamers forum
March 29, 2024, 04:35:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I am encouraging any guests who visit here to join the forum. It was just made and I need somewhat of a community. So, I'm asking the guests to join.

Home Help Search Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Rules

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules  (Read 67 times)
Someguy
Super Administrator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2008, 07:45:37 pm »

RULES(IN SHORT)
1. Post in the appropriate board
2. Do not use ****
3. Do not harass members, moderation or administration.
4. Do not spam (off-topic content, links, numerous smilies etc.)
5. Do not multiple post (reply to your own posts)
6. Do not give away personal information (password, full name, email address etc.)
7. Do not impersonate moderation (do not act as if you were moderator)
8. Do not create multiple accounts
9. Keep Swearing to a minimum

RULES(DESCRIPTION)

1. Post in the appropriate board.
Don't post your music thread in the books board. We want an organized forum, so keep your threads in the right place to avoid any confusion. You'll get a warning for breaking this rule, but you probably won't get a ban for it. Unless you constantly post in the wrong board.

2. Do not use ****

I cannot describe how much I hate it when **** is used. It's sickening when there are five pages of nothing but ****, and it's really annoying too. If I see that you have posted ****, I will delete it and I will permanately I.P. ban you. So don't do it.

3. Do not harass members, moderation or administration.

Don't harass(flame) anybody on this forum. I can't tell you how many forums I've seen fail, solely because of the constant harassing of other members constantly on that forum. I was part of that flaming too. I wasn't liked much and was an idol on some, but it hurt the other members. I feel now that flaming is a bad thing. You'll get banned if your caught harassing other members, no matter who started it. So simply...don't do it.

4. Do not spam (off-topic content, links, numerous smilies etc.)

It's annoying. And nobody likes it. So don't spam the forum. If your caught spamming your post will be deleted and you'll get a warning or a small ban.

5. Do not multiple post (reply to your own posts)

Multiple posting is like spamming, except it's when you reply to your own post before someone else has replied to you own post. don't do it. Your posts will be merged and if you constantly do it, you'll ge tbanned.

6. Do not give away personal information (password, full name, email address etc.)

don't give away any of your personal information online. Not even with your best friends. We can't be held responsible if your account is taken over after you gave your password to somebody. Any harrassment directed towards you as a result of your own incompitence can not be held accountable towards us, and we will not be held accountable.

7. Do not impersonate moderation (do not act as if you were moderator)

Don't give your self a title like moderator or administrator. That will get you banned. Also, don't go around saying that your going to lock threads if your not an administrator or moderator, or you'll be banned.

8. Do not create multiple accounts

You can only have one account. If moderation finds out you have multiple accounts, all of your accounts will be permanately banned. The only exceptions are
1.If more than one person in your houshold wants an account here
2.For technical testing reasons. In which case the secone account will only be temporary
or 3. If you need a new account after someone has hacked into your account. But that exception only applies if you didn't give your password or other personal information out.

9. Keep Swearing to a minimum
Now, I don't mind swearing. Just keep it to a minimum. I don't want sentances where you swearing every other word. Once or twice in a post is all I'll allow, or you'll be banned. But you'll first get a warning.

So that's it. If we can all follow these rules, we'll avoid any problems. So go post and have fun.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm the Administrator, and the creator.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum